Dhaulagiri is one of the most popular 8000m. peaks for climbing in Himalayas. The seventh highest mountain in the world, Dhaulagiri, lies on north – west of Pokhara culminating high point at its eastern end. Dhaulagiri is almost uninque in the world in terms of its rise above local terrain, it rises 7000m. over Kaligandaki gorge the south east in about 30 km of aerial distance. In fact, Kali Gandaki is dramatic as two eight thousenders, Annapurna I & Dhaulagiri both stand near the river facing each other over a deep valley.
When Dhaulagiri was first discovered in 1808, it was thought to be the highest mountain in the world for the westerners. It remained as highest peak for 30 years before its place was taken by Kanchanjunga. Dhaulagiri means white mountain which justifies a magnificent peak rising as a giant shoulder of shining ice and snow. The South and West faces of Dhaulagiri both feature massive drops; each rises over 4000 meters from its base, and each has been the site of historical climbs. The peak was first conquered in 1960 by a Swiss / Austrian expedition team via North East Ridge which has been the normal route of ascent for most of the climbing to date. Dhaulagiri is buttresses by five ridges which offers the possibilities of different routes of ascent though six different routes have been established for climbing so far.
48 Days Travel Itinerary
Day 1: Kathmandu (1310m/4298ft)
Our airport representative will be received you at the airport and transfer to Hotel. It is 7km and takes about 10 minutes. Overnight at hotel, B.B plan
Day 2: Kathmandu Valley Sight Seeing
After breakfast beautiful "Kathmandu Valley" sight seeing. This day we visit Shwoyambhunath Stupa, Baudhanath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple, Patan Durbar Square and Kathmandu Durbar Square. Overnight at hotel, B.B plan
Day 3: Stay at Kathmandu for the official procedure
Day 4: Drive to Darbang.
Day 5: Trek to Dharapani.
Day 6: Trek to Muri.
Day 7: Trek to Bagar.
Day 8: Trek to Doban.
Day 9: Trek to Sallaghari.
Day 10 Trek to Italy base Camp.
Day 11: Rest at Italy Base Camp.
Day 12: Trek to Dhaulagiri Base Camp.
Day 13/39: Climbing period.
Day 40: Clean up the base camp.
Day 41: Trek to Hidden Valley.
Day 42: Trek to Yak Kharka
Day 43: Trek to Jomsom
Day 45: Fly to Pokhara.
Day 46: Drive back to Kathmandu.
Day 47: Kathmandu
Rest day at Kathmandu. Surprise dinner party. Overnight at hotel. B.B Plan.
Day 48: Departure to Airport
Departure to airport for the onward destination.
- 5 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu with bed & breakfast (hotel 4 star Level)
- Equipment allowance, daily allowance & insurance for base camp staff ( sirdar, cook, kitchen boy and liaison officer )
- Food and fuel at the base camp
- All camping equipment at the base camp such as, member tent, dining tent, kitchen tent, chairs, tables.
- Trek support for climbing members from Darbang - base camp - Darbang.
- Porters to carry loads from Darbang - base camp – Darbang.
- Royalty and peak permit
- Airport arrival and departure
- Flight Fares with airport tax
- Lunch and dinner at Kathmandu.
- High altitude climbing food, fuel, Gas above base camp
- Expedition personal climbing gears
- Personal accident insurance and emergency evacuation, Helicopter rescue
- Expedition cargo custom clearance
- Bar bills & beverage
- Personal Satellite phone with e-mail & internet permit
- Waki takies permit
- Extra expenses for personal
- Oxygen and Mask regulator for climbing
- Entrance fees during sight seeing.
- Laundry, telephone calls, Bar Bills ( Mineral Water, cold drinks, whisky, beer etc),